Permission for Photography/Filming
If simply taking a quick snapshot for personal use, not for profit or sales, no permission is required from Denver Union Station. Photography and videography shoots involving subjects that are deemed as quick and unobtrusive to the guest experience at Denver Union Station do not need to go through the permitting process. In order to shoot in the building without a permit, photographers and subjects must abide by the following rules:
- Photography and videography can only take place in the Great Hall of Union Station. No shoots are allowed on upper or lower levels, including The Crawford Hotel, The Cooper Lounge and all tenants within Denver Union Station.
- No additional equipment of any kind is to be used; this includes tripods, external/internal flashes, and reflectors. Hand-held stabilizers are allowed.
- Shoot must be 45 minutes or less
- Cast and crew sizes must be under seven people
- Photographer and subject being photographed cannot ask existing guests to relocate or reserve areas within the Great Hall
- Photographer and subject being photographed must follow Denver Union Station’s standard Code of Conduct.
If the shoot involves a commercial product or cannot abide by the rules above, please direct your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.